Zaporozye state medical university
Admissions open for Intake 2017-2018
Duration: 6 Years
Medium Of Instruction: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
Last date to apply: July 15-2017
Zaporozhye State Medical University - modern, multidisciplinary higher education institution 4th level of accreditation with the right to autonomous control.
Its history dates back to the Higher Courses for Women, organized in Odessa in 1903.
In 1959, the school moved from Odessa Zaporozhye in Zaporizhzhya and renamed the Institute of Pharmacy, and in 1969 - in Zaporozhye Medical Institute.
In 1994, the media got the status of state medical university IV level of accreditation, whose main task isthe provision of higher education to the level of specialist, bachelor's and master's degrees and post-graduate training in the internship, master, postgraduate, doctoral and professional development ofphysicians, pharmacists and pharmacists.
For staffing University is in the top three public medical schools: as of June 30, 2013 at the University operates 615 teachers, including 104 doctors and professors and 417 associate professors and candidates of science.Among university scientists Academician of NAS of Ukraine, 46 members of international academies and international scientific societies, eight Honored Scientist of Ukraine, have been awarded the Ukraine, the six winners of prizes Sciences of Ukraine, laureate of the President of Ukraine, two Laureates of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, four Honoured Doctor of Ukraine, two scholars Cabinet for young scientists.
The history of Zaporozhye State Medical University comes back to the Women Pedagogic Courses organized in Odessa in 1903.
In 1921 the Courses were reorganized into the Chemical-Pharmaceutical Institute.
In 1935 it was reformed in the State Pharmaceutical Institute. In 1941 the life of the Institute was interrupted by the Great Patriotic war till 1944.
In 1959 the Pharmaceutical Institute was transferred from Odessa to Zaporozhye and renamed in Zaporozhye Pharmaceutical Institute.
In 1964 the Medical Faculty was opened and in 1968 Zaporozhye Pharmaceutical Institute was renamed into Zaporozhye Medical Institute.
In 1975 Zaporozhye Medical Institute got a status of the Institute of the first category.
In 1994 the Institute was reorganized into Zaporozhye State Medical University of the IV (the top) level of accreditation.
- 1st Faculty of Medicine (medicine, dentistry)
- 2nd Faculty of Medicine (Pediatrics)
- Faculty of Pharmacy of full-time education
- Faculty of Pharmacy of correspondence courses
- International Faculty
- Preparatory faculty for foreign citizens
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
Zaporozhye State Medical University looks like a student campus. It is a detached territory protected by a specialized guard for 24 hours. There are 3 academic buildings, 5 hostels, libraries, sport center, somecanteens and cafes on its territory. Trees, bushes and lawns surrounding the campus, the picturesque banks of the largest river of Ukraine the Dnieper promote a favorable climate and conditions for creative studies. Junior students have their classes at theoretical chairs on the territory of student campus. Senior students are trained at clinics of medical profile which are situated not far from the University. The student hostels of the University accommodate 2900 persons, two of them are destined for foreign citizens. The hostel buildings are of a modern block type and consist of the rooms for 2-3 persons with every convenience. There are Internet clubs in the hostels.